Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:18:33 -0400
OK

The Beetles and others recorded a Taste of  Honey, and the lyrics say its
"Sweeter than  Wine".  Peter got me on the right track by citing: A  Taste of
Honey" by Gonnet and Vache - but the shipping cost from  Apimonidia press
to US exceeds that of the cost of the book.  I'm  cheap, so I hate to pay
more in freight than the book cost - how about an  e-book?

But then the Beetles reminded me the I  Get By with a Little Help from my
Friends.  When I googled A Taste  of Honey, I found lots of different
recordings by different artists - Herb  Alpert's version was a hit in the US.  I
also found other articles that  cited the Gonnet and Vache book, including
this one from 2004 by Spanish  investigators:

_http://www.bjcp.org/mead/MHS05.pdf_ (http://www.bjcp.org/mead/MHS05.pdf)

Apidologie 35 (2004) S26–S37
© INRA/DIB-AGIB/ EDP  Sciences, 2004
DOI: 10.1051/apido:2004048

Sensory analysis applied to honey: state of the art1

Maria Lucia PIANAa*, Livia PERSANO ODDOa, Antonio  BENTABOLb,
Etienne BRUNEAUc, Stefan BOGDANOVd, Christine GUYOT  DECLERCKc

Bingo!!!  On-Line, describes methods and terms.  Just what I was  looking
for, with instant download and no cost.

Two issues:

1)  I am still looking for the Gonnet  book.  Anyone   on this side of the
pond  got one they'd like to sell and not charge more  that the book for the
shipping?
2) Has anyone  found any other articles or books that   are more recent
than the  2004 article?

How about the folks in New Zealand?  I was impressed by the marketing  of
varietal honeys  when I visited.

Thanks to  Peter and to Ghislain for pointing me at the Gonnet/Vache  book
and the French web sites.

As quick as this response was, I truly  get by with a little help from  my
'Bee-L' friends.  Randy I just call and bug.

Jerry