From:
Jeffrey Lavett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 20:28:08 -0800
Peter Borst wrote:
>I thought the suggestion of buying odd colored lots from the paint store (ata a discounted price) was great.

Garage sales and yard sales often feature partially used paint cans. I
currently have on hand about 20 gallons of various colors of latex paint
purchased at an average price of $ .10 or .20 per gallon. Some of it was
even free. I pour the paints into a five gallon bucket through a paint
strainer to remove solids, then mix thoroughly with an electric drill.
Can't say much for the resultant colors, usually some form of beige, but
the price is attractive.