From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 18:34:34 -0700
At 04:50 PM 10/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
> The time of the year has come to get ready for the holidays, Wife wants to
> know if anyone has a recipe
> for making popcorn balls or any kind of honey candy recipe.  We have been

Most recipe's don't use much honey but I found this one that does.

Sesame Candy

3 cups honey
2 cups sesame seeds
peanut oil

In a deep, medium-size saucepan slowly heat honey over medium-low heat,
using a heat diffuser, to the hard-crack stage (about 305 to 310 degrees on
a candy thermometer). Stir down often to prevent boiling over, about 45
minutes.

Stir in sesame seeds.

Set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch
baking sheet with peanut oil. Do not use waxed paper. Pour honey mixture
onto it. Set baking sheet on a cooling rack. When cooled, but not hard,
score into diamond shapes. When cooled completely, remove candy and
separate into pieces.

WARNING: Be sure to alert friends and family to the danger of burning
themselves on the extremely hot carmelized sugar.       From The Frugal Gourmet

For a few more good recipes that use moderate amounts of honey "punch the
pooh bear" at:

http://beenet.com/cooking.htm  (text files)

ttul, the OLd Drone

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!