From:
BusyKnight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 10:55:28 -0500
>On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, BusyKnight wrote:
> >
>> >I use Logic or Award -- it makes the queen infertile.  Use one pound per
>> acre.  It is the best I have found.  Must be used on dry ground and ground
>> temp has to be above 70 degrees (takes six to nine weeks to work, but lasts
>> for two months).
>>
>Where does one get this stuff in the US of A?  I've never heard of it.
>
>Pete, NJ
>
>A correction to the above original statement:  Logic/Award should have said
that it kills fire ants for TWELVE (12) months [not two]. When I treat my
five acres in March (its hot in TX by then, i.e., ground temp above 70F), I
do not have to treat again until the following year. It is expensive (like
Andro) but you only use 1 lb. to 1.5 lbs. per acre so it goes a long way.
Our bee club has even bought it in "bulk" (i.e., 25 lbs.) and sold it to
members at a discount and still made money for the club.  I have bought
Logic (Award is just another 'name' brand of the same) at Home Depot here in
Dallas.  We bought the 'bulk' size from a pest control operator who could
buy it at a good price.