From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 07:33:54 -0700
Andy,
It is interesting that the limit of AHB in South America is where they
hit cold winters. If cold is a factor, then it may not be viruses alone
-everything I have read says viruses are a major factor- but that they
cannot keep up with the losses caused by varroa. Cold does interrupt the
brood cycle, while in the tropics they can keep propagating, swarming
and absconding and keep up with varroa's effects, no matter what bee.
Good post, Andy.
Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME