From:
Steve Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 08:41:02 CDT
Mike, you wrote:
"the number of deaths per year from insects
stings of all types in the US is _41_.  Source quoted is Vital
Statistics of the United States (1986.)  The author estimates that of
the 41 deaths, 17 will result from honey bee stings."

I am curious for comparision sake, does anyone know how many people in the
US die each year from snake bites?  Someone in my office claims that more
people die of honeybee stings than snake bites, and I would like some facts
to clear this up one way or another.  Thanks,
Steve in Alabama