From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 2016 07:55:59 -0500
a Mark Berninghausen snip...
Techumseh,
Peter Borst worked at Dyce Lab while Dr. Calderone was there, taking care of the beehives. And Peter bought some of the things sold out of the Dyce Lab inventory and knows what happened to a lot of the items that were not put into the Cornell Archives. So he may be speaking above his pay grade, but not without knowledge.

my comments....
I was not suggesting Mark that Mr Borst has no information on this topic or that his comments are totally without content.  However we have a lot of comments from folks on this web site STATED as fact when as far as I can tell are totally speculative and yes way beyond their pay grade.  Although I have already stated that I am not a lawyer nor an accountant I have worked quite a bit for lawyers over several decades doing legal stuff and do have 20 hours of university accounting credit + 30 years experience in keeping my own business books in a handful of business enterprises and I know pretty how to amble around in both of those professions < I do know that sometimes the best advice here is to ask someone with credential to give you an accurate and updated answer and not totally rely on either Mr Borst or my own unprofessional impression of how these things work.   At least here if someone did what Mr Borst suggest is routine in dealing with public property at Cornell they would at the least have their employment terminated and possible also be facing criminal charges.  What he describes is at the minimum ethically questionable and at the worst criminal.