Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:33:53 -0400
> Once I harvest from the supers, what is the best way to clean and store the frames for winter?

You'll notice that Chris made a point of mentioning his location.  That's because the best solution for you depends on where you are, the local threats to stored combs, and your expected winter temperatures.

Here in Alberta all commercial beekeepers store extracted combs exactly as they come from the extractor, in mouse-proof  unheated buildings.  The winter temperatures ensure that moths don't bother the equipment and the thin layer of honey keeps the wax fresh and attractive to bees in spring.

In hot climates, much more care must be taken to preserve the combs.

I don't know if you have consulted the archives, but this is a perennial topic and there is lots of opinion there.

When using the archives, ***always*** use the advanced search.  the basic search is pretty lame.