From:
DAVID ADAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 2009 14:03:54 -0500
Hey Randy
I'm confused and like your lurker that emailed you and somewhat take offense at the replies or the way Bob sends and writes them,like I'm being belittled and there is no such thing as CCD.
  I'll repeat what I've said before,something changed in the late summer and fall of 2006,you can't tell me that in that year,all of the sudden, us bee moving,box managing ,bee having ,non treating ,ppb persons, that all of us that lost thousands of hives, it just happened all the sudden.
  The same goes for the group that hails it's the neo pesticides,it's not likely it just happened all at that time. Granted all the things Bob points to, keeping mites down,new comb,and nosema treatments are needed,but there's a new pathogen among us and for years bees have not received hardly any research money in comparison to other "big" ag.

In the real world of making a living and dealing with this, It's a little more complicated than just buying several hundred thousand frames . It takes baby steps and purchases,and there is no doubt it will help in the long run. I'm normally more of a lurker myself,but Bob pushes my buttons on issues.

One last question/comment we from time to time use large institution steam kettles to boil wax with water to remove "stuff" i.e. grime and solids,does anyone have any data as to if this or any other methods of simple means would bind with the unwanted chemicals and transfer them to ,say the boiling water when it settles?

It's been my observation,that even if there is levels of unwanted chemicals in new wax ,it's still much better than the old combs,and the hives tend to thrive better.