From:
"Benet J. Pardini" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 08:41:18 -0400
I have always heated my honey to about 100-105 degrees F for 24 hrs before
bottling, distributing, etc., in the belief that it will inhibit or at
least slow the crystallization process (advice from other beekeepers).
However, I have also read somewhere (Dadant's beekeeping tome?) that this
procedure will not necessarily maintain honey in its liquid form.  Can
anyone supply any information (definitive or otherwise) about ways to
inhibit crystallization and the potential benefits of heating?  No, I have
never split my honey, heated only a portion of it, and stored both batches
similarly.  I am a small-time hobbyist whose supply usually evaporates by
the end of the xmas holidays.  TIA.

- Ben Pardini
  Solon, IA