From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 18:45:30 +0000
"But whose wisdom are we reckoning with?
 Those who develop technologies, or those who finance them?"

I may be one of the few on the list that has worked with both classes.  My response is pretty simple.  Fifty years ago I trusted neither as both were idiots.  Today I would trust those who provide finances far over those who develop technologies.  Those who provide finances are running a great personal risk and have become remarkably careful.  Those who develop technologies are still idiots.   They are either so cautious they are a total waste of oxygen as they are frozen into inaction or so optimistic that they are willing to try most anything with no thought as to need,  risk or practicality.  And in either case generally educated so narrowly they can not think rationally outside their specialty.

Remember, I say the above as a technologist.

Dick