From:
Rachel e-mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 20:22:44 +0100
Just a question from the rainy (thawed) north:
Are there any estimates available on the incidence of tongue-tie?
I have never seen a baby treated for this.  I don't know that I have seen more than one mother in 15 years with soreness/BF problems which could be attributed to it.
Reading LACTNET posts makes me wonder if it is my vision which is distorted.  So does anyone know how common it is, and whether there are ethnic differences in the incidence?
Rachel Myr