HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Austin, Stephen P SWF" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:55:50 -0500
You wrote:
>The second was to sample the "historic refuse deposit" adjacent to the
canal which had been identified by the initial survey.  Unfortunately, that
survey failed to recognize or learn that this was a municipal landfill or
that it dated to the early 20th century.<

Does that mean that you would rather not have excavated the (later)
landfill?

Stephen P. Austin