From:
Thomas Heilman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 09:08:37 -0500
While shopping at various online cd centers, I noticed that there was
available a recording of the Bruckner 8 with Bruno Walter.  It is coupled
with the Schumann symphonies 1 and 4, and all appear to be live concert
performances, although there are no details specifying this.  My problem is
that these seem only to be available on the Iron Needle label, and as many
of you know this label along with others has come under fire for pirating
the hard work of other companies.

My questions are these:

Do any of you know if these performances exist now, or ever did exist, as
original transfers on another label and if they are currently available?

If they are not currently available, are there any plans to make them
available by the company that is responsible for them?

If they are only available via Iron Needle, am I to rightly assume they are
pirated?

Regards,

Thomas Heilman