HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Howard Beverly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:43:13 -0400
Soldiers used a variety of items to relieve the monotony associated with
military service, usually using those items they had on hand or from
materials that could easily be manufactured (i.e. lead dice, bone dominos,
wood chess/checker pieces, etc.).  So, it would not surprise me to find
marbles on a military site that were used in some form of "adult"
recreational activities.

Howard Beverly
GIS Analyst
Archaeologist