Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:25:24 EST
Hi everyone.  The weather has been great for us here in the pacific
northwest, a record on sat of 71!!!  Anyway, I am asking for information
regarding insurance reimbursement.  Some of our insurance companies here are
telling us that lactation services are part of the global ob payment.?  I
work in an independent ob office.  Is this happening everywhere or is there
any recourse we have as LC's for payment?  The billing person for our office
asked if there is a letter or something that could be sent to the insurance
companies as in the past for other problems this has helped.  The insurance
then states that if we collected money from the patient we must refund it as
it is a covered benefit.  Would it solved the problem if I contracted with my
physicians and required the patient to bill the insurance or just pay up
front? Any information would be helpful, even if it is just a starting place
to call.  You may e-mail me privately, we were just curious if this was
happening all over with insurance reimbursement.

Thanks

Toni Myers RN IBCLC