From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:20:44 -0600
It's very interesting to see how everyone is defining clipping a frenulum as
a "medical procedure."  I have seen videos of people doing it, and it is no
big deal.  I don't see why parents can't be told/shown exactly what needs to
be done, and then sent home to do it themselves.  It is not necessary that
every last little thing be defined as a "medical procedure."  I remember the
good old days when only "doctors" did a lot of procedures now done by
nurses, or physician's assistants.  Heck, at my HMO even the clerks who
check you in to the room are the ones who take your pulse, temperature and
blood pressure, and ask you what's the matter and write it down for the
doctor -- and many of these people have a high school education and make
minimum wage.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, none of this
is rocket science.  Neither is clipping a short frenulum.

Kathy Dettwyler