From:
Robert Cordes DO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 15:30:18 -0500
I posted this a few days ago but got no responces.
Some new info, mom says if she gets a lot of breast into the baby's mouth he
spits out what he doesnt want.
-Rob

I have 3 week old well feeding and growing baby who is making mom's right
nipple sore. Mom did have burning and we tx with G violet. Mom is still sore
but not as bad. Burning gone.
Right nipple is more protuberant than left and per mom "tougher, never soft
like left". At times it hurts through the feed and other times only in the
beginning.
Watching the baby he seems to suck in the nipple while latching then
swallows milk and air while feeding. Attempts at pressure on his chin and
Diane's sandwich technique only minimally successful. Yes, I demoed the
sandwich with an inflated glove. I used saliva on my lips not lip stick.
Baby doesn't seems to like moms right, fusses often when first latches on
that side.
Any ideas?
Rob

Rob Cordes, DO