From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:52:08 -0500
Renato Vinicius <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm looking for a recording that express somewhat my point of view.
>If some of you "captured" what I tried to say - difficult to say some
>things out of our natural language...- and knows some recording that
>could come up with me I would be glad to know.

I can't quite "capture" what you are looking for, but some of the great
recordings of late Beethoven sonatas you didn't mention include Schnabel
(esp.  good in Op.111), Rosen, Solomon, and Goode.  I assume you are
familiar with Brendel's 1970's recordings (the late sonatas available on
a Philips twofer).  I also have a strange fondness for Barenboim's digital
set (on DG) of the late sonatas, and Pollini's DG set is also remarkable
(although a little short on mystery and contemplation).  Other notable
recordings of the late sonatas I can think of right now are the Kovacevich
set, Sofronitsty's Op.111 (on Arlecchino), and the strangely beatiful
Hammerklavier by Glenn Gould (although Gould seems to be an acquired taste,
so buyer beware).

Ulvi