From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 08:31:04 +1100
Martin Anderson asked:

>Lastly, has anyone examined Harold Truscott's own music, on two Marco
>Polo CDs? There is a very beautiful _Elegy for Strings_ waiting to be
>discovered on 8.223674.  Comments from anyone who has listened to
>this or the companion chamber-music disc?

I've only heard the orchestral CD and share Martin's enthusiasm for it -
the symphony it contains is well worth getting to know, too.  I'm also a
fan of the two symphonies of Armstrong Gibbs on 8.223553 which, come to
think of it, tend, in some respects, to bear out the mention in another
thread of the influence of Holst.

Richard Pennycuick