From:
Richard Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 21:38:47 -0000
The Schubert Institute (UK) is pleased to announce a new Schubert website.

For a number of years I have been working on a Schubert Family Tree.  My
intention has been to publish this through SIUK, but pressures on my time
have made this aim rather difficult to achieve.  It has been about 90%
finished for at least 2 years!  However, through the use of a nice, new,
little piece of software - GedHTree from Gary Welker, I have now been able
to publish it in its current state as a web site.  Anyone with an interest
in Schubert's Family Tree can now find over 400 names, with a web based
point-and-click family tree, listings of family groups, and individual
notes and sources.

The tree is not complete, of course, and if anyone has an interest in
Schubert genealogy, or knows fellow researchers, particularly if they have
documented additions to make to the tree, I would appreciate hearing from
them.  I can be reached at a new EMail address:

The New site can be found at:

   http://www.siuk.org.uk/famtree/

The contents of the tree continue to be available as a GEDCOM file (the
standard interchange format used by genealogy programs), which is available
to anyone who asks, though we do ask for a nominal donation (5 or US$10) to
SIUK funds.

Many of you will be familiar with the Schubert Institute (UK) main web
site, and the companion Half Time Scores Schubertiana site.  They have
both moved to new, more appropriate, URLs.  The old sites will contain
redirections to the new sites for a little while, but you are encouraged to
update your bookmarks to point to the new sites.  The Main SIUK site is now
at:

   http://www.siuk.org.uk/

and Half Time Scores is now at:

   http://www.halftimescores.co.uk/

Note that old EMail addresses will also continue to work for a little
while, but you should change your address books to use [log in to unmask]
for general SIUK queries and [log in to unmask] for Halftimescores
queries (or, better still, [log in to unmask] if you want to buy
something...)

Regards

Richard Morris
SIUK