From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 14:52:25 PST
Dan Zimmerman wrote:

>So far I own 2 CDs with music for clarinet (Mozart Clarinet Quintet
>and Concerto (Jack Brymer, Allegri Quartet with LSO, and the Brahms
>Quintet (ABQ).  I love these pieces for clarinet and therefore I am
>now interested in buying another CD with music for clarinet.

Since Dan wants only one additional clarinet disc at this time, he can't
go wrong with the Brahms clarinet sonatas.  There are many fine versions:
Klocker/Tanzi on MD&G, Leister/Oppitz on Orfeo, and a new Leister on
Nimbus.  Those are my three favorites.

Being realistic, Dan would likely go for many other composers who wrote for
clarinet:  Krommer, Crussel, Reicha, Finzi, Nielsen, Debussy, and Reinecke.
Start your search Dan:  it could take a long time.

Don Satz