From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 14:29:03 PST
Bob Draper wrote concerning the Brilliant Classics Handel set:

>The CDs represent an acceptable cheap introduction to the works though.

Concerning beginners to Handel, I always recommend what I feel are Handel's
best recordings.  I find that, unlike some other composers, only excellent
performances really bring out Handel's genius.  As an example, Robert King
brings out the magic in Handel as no one else can, whereas the same pieces
in an ordinary performance sound like mediocre music.

Don Satz