From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 07:33:11 +1100
Don Satz's description of the Pizzetti CD made it sound most enticing.  My
acquaintance with his music is limited to the Concerto dell'Estate, which
I've loved for many a year from Lamberto Gardelli's old LP, and about half
an hour of the opera, Murder in the Cathedral, which was more than enough
(conducted by Karajan, IIRC).  I know I could check Hyperion's web site but
may not find out the details so please, Don, what are the works on the CD?
Pizzetti's list looks more than a little interesting.

Richard Pennycuick

 [To read info on this reelase, simply go the Hyperion web site (linked
 at Classical Net) and click on New Releases.  It's listed near the
 top of that page.  I've enjoyed the two Marco Polo chamber music discs
 tremendously, and can't wait to pick up this new CD of orchestral music.
 -Dave]