From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:14:36 -0500
Hasn't Rostropovich recorded this work several times? I've heard the
recording on DG with Ozawa.  I've also heard, years ago, the recording with
Gutman on RCA.  Used to own both, at different points, and now own neither,
alas.  Thought they were both quite good, which I know helps not at all...
perhaps the Rostropovich/Ozawa was a bit better but not by all that much
and it may have just been .when. I heard it?...

-Eric Schissel