From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 14:37:48 -0800
Bernard Chasan ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Incidentally, Beethoven did not hide those Russian tunes in one of
>the Rasmouvsky Quartets.

Bernard, could you explain what you mean by this? I'm afraid I don't
understand what you're saying.  There are Russian themes in (IIRC) the
first and second RQs but not the 3rd.  But the Russian theme in the 1st
qut, in the finale, is played at twice the speed of the original and
changed from minor to major.  Does this count as hiding or not?

Deryk Barker