From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 00:00:09 +0000
Mimi Ezust soars in my popularity charts....

>Last but certainly not least is the first movement of the underplayed
>Symphonia Concertante for violin, cello, oboe, bassoon and orchestra in B
>flat Major. ...

The name is missing but this can only be one man, the master, papa Haydn.

I can recommend an alternative RCA Victor disc of the Sinfonia Concertante.
Also featuring the piano concerto in D and the violin concerto in B.  The
piano concerto was recorded in 1989. Even so, Evgeny Kissin shows at this
young age that he on his way to be one of the all time greats. The other
works are performed remarkably well by the Moscow Virtuosi as well.

Bob Draper