From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:16:30 +0000
Robert A. Martinez writes:

>Does anyone know the true relationship Mozart and Antonio Salieri had? How
>acurate is the move "Amadeus"?

As I've said before this is work of pure fiction.

I read also that Mozart never called himself Amadeus.

Anyway here's another angle.  How can you possibly have a film about Mozart
with zero mention of Haydn in its entirety? You can't, crazy.

But those who remember this diobolical film, do you recall just how much
the guy who played Salieri looked like the paintings of Haydn we have?
Particularly the one by Thomas Hardy.

Bob Draper