From:
Chris Bonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:14:16 -0600
Felix Delbruck wrote:

>Chris Bonds wrote:
>
>>Rather than say I am or was irritated by beginnings, I should say there
>>are some that I used to not understand.  These would include: [...]
>>Tchaikovsky: 1st Piano concerto (big theme that never comes back)
>
>If you understand it now, can you please explain it to me? Why does the
>theme never come back? ...

Well, I lied about that one, I don't really understand it.  I suppose
the only thing it COULD be is an introduction.  But it is more "thematic"
than introductory in nature, as borne out by the fact that it's the tune
everyone remembers.  I know of no hidden thematic correspondence later in
the work.  Perhaps someone else can enlighten us.

Chris Bonds