From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 06:37:48 -0800
Philip Peters wrote of Haitink:

>...  He did two complete traversals, one in the late sixties with the
>Concertgebouw Orchestra and one later with the Berliner Philharmoniker....

I may be wrong about this but I think that some works got recorded twice
with the Concertgebouw but not all of them.  For instance, I pretty sure
that there are 3 different recordings of the Fourth, one of which is with
the BPO.

Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Please, I never said that Haitink is unrecorded in Mahler, I just said
>that his late interpretations are so wonderful so I desperately grab for
>more!  I don't actually think Haitink is a particualry special one in the
>recordings from the sixties, neither in Mahler nor Bruckner, but he has
>learned a lot on 30 years, and I think his nowadays Mahler belongs to the
>best, although few usually beats Kubelik.

I have heard some of his BPO cycle.  FWIW I find his BPO Fourth to be one
of my favorites.  I have also heard good things about the 1st from this
cycle.  Sadly, Phillips nixed the cycle before versions of the Eighth and
Ninth could be released.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)