From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 18:39:48 -0800
Chris, sorry to confuse everyone.  Your set, quantity-wise, is a better
buy than the one I was talking about since it's two cds but has only the
Mystery/Rosary sonatas though as pointed out they have more than the usual
involved.  Besides Davitt Moroney, Stephen Stubbs is on baroque lute and
chitarrone, Erin Headley's on gamba and lirone, and Andrew Lawrence-King
is on double harp, regal.

I'm one of those who prefer it to Goebel's but will want to hear Romanesca.
I saw Manze in a trio of violins here, with the mentioned John Holloway
and with Stanley Ritchie.  Fantastic concert.  Their CD together is still
available too.  In the concert he was the most impressive, being able to
play the fast improvisational stuff with more ease, accuracy, and flair
than the other too.

Manze did a solo recital here the next year and that was a bit less
successful, as he was uncharacteristically out of tune at times.  But
what a musician this guy is.

Andrys in Berkeley, CA
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search Classical: Sheet Music, Videos, CDs