From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 17:09:37 +0100
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]> replies to me:

>Mats Norrman wrote:
>
>>Yeah, I like "the journey to the Moon" a lot.  The thing is fun!
>
>Is this a joke Mats? Of all the later operas of Haydn, il mondo della lunna
>is the least attractive in my view.

OK, correction you can have:  I didn't say the opera in question is
a technical masterpiece or so, I just said that it is fun.  This is a
completely subjective statement, exactly as your sentence was.  Humor is
for me one of the greatest qualities in Haydn.

In a certain genre it ought to be a masterpiece though, und zwar "SF"!  But
not so many works have been written in this genre CMSF...Blomdahls "Aniara"
comes to mind as the best.  And again:  IMHO!

>Help needed for my Haydn website.

This sounds indeed like a very interesting project; to construct a
Haydn website!!  I, and I am sure others on this list too, would be very
interested to hear a little about your plans for this website.  I would be
glad to contribute if I can too.

Mats Norrman