From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 17:16:12 -0500
Dave Orea asks:

>Have you already thought in wich CDs would (or will) be the most
>delectable Christmas present to yourself?

I THOUGHT I had found the ultimate-- "Les Introuvables de Marcelle Meyer
Vol.1", 6cd box on EMIFrance, in which she plays almost all of Debussy
and Ravel's solo works with, presumably, insight gained from having played
personally for both men.  My holy grail for a few years now.  This guy had
it listed amongst a bunch of stuff he was selling on his website from his
collection.  When I saw it in his list I physically became short of breath,
and when the guy emailed me back to say that he'd already sold it, I
actually felt like I'd taken one in the gut.  That's when I knew I had
become a genuine collector geek.

I'll have to take consolation in the fact that the guy also had
Fassbaender's Schwanengesang (I don't know vocalists really, but I do
know I LOVE Fassbaender) and Yves Nat's 4cd Schumann set, both high-level
desiderata of mine.  Hopefully they'll get here before xmas!

Jon Lewis