From:
Mark Knezevic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 14:29:29 +0800
Well seeing as the pianists had a go at this, I thought why not the
classical guitar.  And heck, maybe all other soloists will get in on
the act too - not looking at anyone in particular (violinists).

For me, the hardest pieces I have prepared are:

Sevilla, Albeniz (can't remember the arrangement, but they're all based on
Segovia's anyway), Sunburst, Andrew York, was also fairly difficult, that
slurring stuff.  Choros, Villa-Lobos, hurt my wrist from all those chords
and stuff:P

I can't really put my finger on any others.  It seems that the
hardest/'best' classical guitar music is the arrangements from piano.
Whilst the Sor and Giuliani sonatas (Grand Solo Op.14 and the like) are
rather stunning, I think they are just technically hard, as in, lots of
scales and such:P

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say about this.

-Mark Knezevic