From:
"David Orea C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 03:18:33 -0500
After listening Haimovitz playing Kodaly's Op.8 plus Britten 3rd Suite for
Cello, Henze's Capriccio for Cello solo, and Berio's "Recitativo" (Les mots
sont alles...), I'm sure that Matt has the charism.

The DG CD "The 20th Century Cello - Vol.2" with Britten, Davidovsky,
Harbison, Hindemith, Perle and Sessions works is another "evidence" about
Haimovitz gift.

I haven't found in Matt, the intention of exhibitionism.  When Matt
plays the cello I feel (detect) a more direct (spiritual) connection
Composer-Performer-Listener.  Performer as the perfect tool (connector)
between Composer and Listener.  Or is this just a personal hallucination?

I would like reading some points of view, opinions, comments about this
excellent cellist and his performances.  Thanks in advance.

PS.- I think there is (already) a 3rd DG Vol. available with other 20th
century works.

Dave.