From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 07:24:07 -0800
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The clear winner in a ten round decision is Schumann.  How did that
>happen?

I don't know, because to me Mendelssohn comes out on top.  In general,
I have always liked Mendelssohn's music and have always struggled with
Schumann.

Works that stand out to me...Quartets, Songs without Words and
Psalms(choral) and of course the usual suspects like the 4th Symphony,
Midsummer Nights Dream and the violin Concerto.  However, Elias has never
really clicked for me.

I seem to remember that this exact thread has come up before and Felix
took a beating last time.  I thought somebody should stand up for him.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)