From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:01:03 PST
Ron Ackermann wrote of Beethoven's piano sonatas:

>I like the new Russell Sherman cycle as well.

Me too.  I have the four volumes issued and find much to enjoy.  Sherman
clearly has given these works much thought and brings me many insights.
There's just one tendency he has which bothers me.  Sometimes, he just
doesn't get on with business.  It's as if he's taking a pause to look out
the window; maybe there's something good out there.  I'm a big fan of
momentum in music.

>No cello sonatas?  Add Bilson/Bylsma.

More memory loss on my part.  I love the cello sonatas and am partial
to Coin/Cohen on Harmonia Mundi.  Ron's preference is mighty good as is
Immerseel/Bylsma on Sony.

Don Satz