From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 09:29:06 PST
I recently listened to Zemlinsky's Lyric Symphony in Seven Songs, Op. 18,
on Arte Nova, SWF-Symphony/Michael Gielen, 74321 27768 2, and enjoyed
it very much.  One thing lacking from this otherwise excellent disc are
lyrics to the Seven Songs.  A search of the web didn't turn up much about
Zemlinsky, let alone his discography.  I was wondering if any list member
either has the lyrics he or she can send or knows where they can be found,
short of buying another CD that may have them.

Thanks a lot.

PS One thing I did turn up was Alma Mahler's description of him as a
"small, repugnant, chinless, toothless, and unwashed gnome." Whoa!  I
guess she didn't like him too much, huh.

Ron Chaplin