From:
Norman Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:26:44 EST
I would like to suggest as an introduction to Luigi B.: "The Best of
Boccherini" on Philips Duo: 438 377 which includes some his best known
chamber pieces, *the* justifiably beloved cello concerto, the flute
concerto of Pokorny (once attributed to Luigi, and two of his most popular
symphonies.  All works are ADD featuring both traditionally good Philips
sound and remastering.

Donald Satz writes:

>Isn't there much music which benefits from period instrumentation? I know
>that I benefit from a lot of it.

More often than not, I enjoy the novelty of period instruments whenever I
weary of  listen to modern ones. It almost creates the illusion of hearing
the works for the first time!

Norman M. Schwartz