From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:38:57 PST
Chris Bonds wrote:

>Is predictability in programming a response to audience demand?  Are the
>people who are upset about this just a vocal minority?

I would assume that it is a vocal minority.  Concert programmers don't want
to end up with a half empty hall and they likely take audience preferences
into account.

We on this list do not constitute the typical concert goer.  Our range of
preferred music is greater as is our desire to hear unfamiliar works and
styles.  Concert managers and radio stations probably are convinced that
"our" musical wants are extreme and should not form the basis for
programming.

Don Satz