Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 18:05:49 -0500
From:
James Hunsley <[log in to unmask]>
Kevin Sutton wrote, referring to LP playing systems:

>Ahh yes, but the good ones are very expensive.  I have a moderately priced
>Rega Planar 2 which I bought cartridge and all for about 5 bills.

A very good turntable, arm, and cartridge may be had for a few hundred
dollars.  I suggest to anyone who wants one that they search on Ebay under
audio equipment for a few months and they will find very fine equipment,
non-audiophile, of course, such as Thorens multispeed tables or even older
Rek-O-Kuts, fitted with SME arms.  You can't do much better than this
unless you go the route of wanting infinitely good equipment.

The reason for owning LPs is not for the sound, but for the repertoire.
A huge amount of music is on them that still has not been re-released and
maybe never will be.  Besides, then you can burn your own CDs from the LP
source material.

Jim Hunsley