Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 19:54:25 +0000
From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Tony Duggan wrote:

>Bob Draper wrote:
>
>>One thing I am sure of, Russell loves everyone one of the composers in
>>question.
>
>You clearly never saw his final BBC film "Dance of The Seven Veils" about
>Richard Strauss.  A calculated piece of character assassination that drew
>an injunction against the BBC from Richard Strauss's family forbidding any
>further showings with any of the music on the soundtrack over which they
>have control.  ...

You are right I missed that.  In 1968 I was still into the Beatles and Pink
Floyd.

You have above mentioned a further 3 films that I was not aware of.

Russell could have carried on making big return films like "Tommy" all his
life.  I reckon, therefore, that we should be grateful for his contribution
to the promotion of classical music even if we do not always like his
output.

Bob Draper