Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:41:21 +0100
From:
Franco Destefanis <[log in to unmask]>
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>A quick rummage through my memory produced St Cecilia Masses by Haydn and
>Gounod, Purcell's Ode and a hymn to her by Britten.  Any others?

My I add Haendel`s Ode, Alessandro Scarlatti`s Oratorio "Il martirio di
Santa Cecilia", Licinio Refice (1883-1954) scenic action "Cecilia" I would
also like to recall that one o the main musical institution in Italy is
dedicated to Saint Cecilia.  The "Accademia di Santa Cecilia" in Rome,
founded in 1566.  The Accademia is also a "Conservatorio"(School of Music),
and has its own Orchestra the "Orchestra dell` Accademia di Santa Cecilia",
very well known and reputed around the world.  The Accademia has its own
web-site (unfortunately in Italian only) which contains useful informations
on the history of the Academy, the programs, the activities etc.

   http://space.tin.it/musica/ilipc/

Franco Destefanis
Rome - Italy