Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:15:55 -0600
From:
Steven Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Iain asks:

>Many years ago I heard Vaughan Williams' Six Studies in English
>Folk Song for Cello. ...
>
>The recommended recording that I obtained from the internet is Eileen
>Croxford and David Parkhouse on an EMI British composers series.  Does
>anyone have any other recommendations/suggestions?

No. That's the one I'd go with.  Mordkovitch on IMP uses a violin (of
course) and the work was written for cello and piano. Emma Johnson on ASV
uses a clarinet (an arrangement, incidentally, sanctioned by the composer).
Croxford and Parkhouse (members of the old Melos Ensemble of London) play
this bon-bon beautifully, giving it a greater impact than it normally has.

Steve Schwartz