From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:59:04 +0000
Donald Scarinci wrote:

>Does anyone have an opinion about which artist has done the best recording
>of "The Planets." I'd like a fully digital version done with 20 bit
>processing for the best possible sound quality.

The young Andre Previn made a sensational early recording on EMI.  Much
better than his later Teldec recording.

I have a tremendous stereo setup.  Home made transmssion line speakers.
Home made class A fully mono amps.  Highly home modified CD player.  So I'm
very into HIFI.  But I've come to realise that a good well mic'ed recording
has more to offer that an average 20bit recording.  My advice:  don't get
too hung up on labels.

Bob Draper