From:
Valerie Mcclain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 05:46:33 -0700
I have noticed over the years that alot of the moms I have worked with
who had sore nipples that weren't healing quickly had a great deal of
tearing during childbirth or c-sections.  Anyway, I came to the
conclusion that their body was having difficulty healing two different
places.  Some of these moms  told me that they were not eating much or
what they were eating was nutritionally poor.  Wound healing is
dependent on good nutrition.  After childbirth, alot of women have a
difficult time getting meals and getting meals of nutritional quality.
This may be one of the factors that cause some women to suffer far too
long with sore nipples(even after correcting latch and
positioning)Valerie W. McClain, IBCLC