HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Trish Fernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:33:23 -0700
Another note on Phase I surveys (and I'm probably not alone in this
experience):  There are few things more annoying than being ready to conduct
Phase II or Phase III work just to realize that Phase I didn't identify
everything.   Whether not identifying sites is a result of ignorance,
insufficient methods, or blatant disregard, the next phases are dependent on
a thorough survey and recordation.  I'd rather record too much than too
little.