Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:16:12 +0000
D. Stephen Heersink catalogued his collection for us and declared:

>and I still don't like Brahms' symphonies.

Nor do I, and I've been trying - I have, really - ever since we last had a
not-getting-on-with-Brahms thread over a year ago.  Still can't get there.
I have no trouble with the concerti, the German Requiem, most of the
chamber music, lots of other things - but I've just never been able to get
the symphonies to work for me.  And what's worst is that I can't work out
why not.

Ian Crisp