From:
Renato Vinicius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:33:46 -0300
Don Satz wrote:

>Felix Delbrueck highly recommended Brendel's Hammerklavier, although I'm
>not sure which recording he was referring to.  Regardless, although I also
>think highly of Brendel in this work (each of his recordings), my favorite
>is Pollini on DG: power, poetry, and a recorded sound which perfectly
>matches Pollini's interpretation.

I agree with FD.  Breldel's Hammerklavier last record (life) is the best
I know, specially in the first and third mov.  comparing to Baremboim,
Schnabel, Gilels and Kempff.  The last mov.  (fugue) is not so great,
comparing to these others, and the second is not so diabolic, but the
first and the third are the ones that really matter.

Renato