From:
Kyle Major <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 14:41:08 -0500
I consider John Williams to be a man of craft and not of art.  He is
certainly talented and arguably the best in the business at what he does.
I would generally prefer to see an art film where the music is incorporated
as an artistic part of the film, and not as emotional light-switching
background music.  However, I would also rather hear newly plagairised
music than the actual real thing.  If Holst were used in Star Wars I would
have great difficulty listening to it on it's own.  I'm sure there are some
people who have thought of 2001 while listening to Strauss, Platoon (was
that it?) while listening to Barber, Beef while listening to Copland.
Disturbing, ain't it?

When I hear the theme from Indiana Jones...alas, I think of Indiana Jones.
And that doesn't bother me.

Kyle Major